5 Plumbing Upgrades That Add Value to Your Home
Plumbers are very much on our minds when there’s a leak or a blockage to be dealt with, but what about the value they can add to your property? If you’re thinking of putting your property on the market, you’ll be looking for those differentiators that make your home stand out for buyers. In this blog the Simply Plumbing team suggests 5 plumbing upgrades that will set your property apart from the rest.
1. Eco-Friendly Showers and Toilets
UK Estate Agents are reporting that one of the top priorities for younger homebuyers is eco-friendly bathrooms. There are a couple of ways of achieving this without having to break the bank:
- Dual Flush Toilets. Traditional one-flush toilets account for around a third of the water used in an average household each day. A dual flush toilet cuts that by 50%. Rimless toilets are fairly new to the UK market, but they are easier to clean, and feature a unique flush that saves on water usage.
- Aerated or Low Flow Showers. Adding bubbles to your shower water is an excellent way to cut down on the amount of water you use. And the good news is that it’s an inexpensive solution. Low-flow shower heads allow you to maintain the time you spend in the shower and save water! There’s no loss of pressure, and of course, you reduce your heating costs at the same time.
2. Replace Your Taps
Sounds like a small thing, but taps that look dated are off-putting. Replacing your taps with a shiny, contemporary design will lift the overall look of your kitchen, or bathroom, and offer improved performance. Best of all, replacing your taps doesn’t have to cost you a fortune!
3. Install a Dishwasher
It’s surprising how much of a deal-maker a new, professionally installed dishwasher can be. Especially if you select a brand that’s known for its eco-friendly features. Anyone that’s used to having a dishwasher won’t want to move anywhere that doesn’t have one – and they probably won’t want the hassle of moving their own. The added benefit is that you get to use a brand-new model for a while, all the time knowing that its value add is far greater than its cost!
4. Get Your Drains Cleaned Out
If you have recurring problems with unsavoury smells, slow draining water or standing water outside, call a plumber to sort out your drainage issue. House buyers tend to have drain surveys carried out on properties they’re interested in, so it’s a good idea to get ahead of the game. Household blockages can normally be cleared quite quickly, leaving your drains sweet-smelling and clean.
5. Investigate Low Water Pressure
If you’ve got low water pressure, you’ve probably learnt to live with it. You probably don’t even notice it any more – but house buyers will! Low pressure is an irksome problem to take on as it needs investigating, so it’s a good idea to deal with the issue before it becomes an off-putting feature of your property.
First of all, check your water pressure; there’s a simple DIY test that will tell you whether it’s low or not. If it is, there’s a number of possible causes, from limescale clogging, to blocked pipes, or a badly positioned cold water tank.
About Simply Plumbing
We’re an established local plumbing business located in Luton and serving South Bedfordshire. If you’re upgrading your home, Simply Plumbing can be relied upon for professional services. We’re an independent Luton plumbing company which means we’re able to keep our prices affordable, and – if there are any problems – you can speak directly to the person that did the work.
Need a local plumber for plumbing upgrades in Luton or South Bedfordshire? Call Simply Plumbing on 01582 250030 or message us online for a prompt response.